Tuesday 3 April 2012

Much Love Beauty


via: pretty cure

So I'm a day late joining in this week but as one lovely reader pointed out a while ago, I'm sure it's still Monday somewhere in the world right now…

This Tuesday/Monday/this whole week in fact, I'm Much Loving that it's only one more day till our four day Easter break!

Not sure what I'll do with myself but I'm sure I'll manage to fill my time with plenty of
aimless wandering.

Second thing I'm loving is playing with all my goodies from the Salon Melbourne expo.
I scored myself 20 pairs of assorted Lash Republic false lashes (enough for a lifetime but they were so cheap!), some Vani-T spray tan samples, TK's lash extension effect mascara, a score of new Shellac colours and make up galore just to name a few.

But the one thing I think I'll  be gushing about till the end of days is my brush with celebrity make up artist Rae Morris.
Standing at her stall perusing the exquisite quality of her hand crafted & eco friendly brushes (Mac-shmak!I could feel her eyes taking me in.
When I looked up and caught her she laughed and said "sorry, I couldn't help staring but your eye make up is gorgeous." Then addressing the crowd she said "see ladies? This is a perfect example of precision eyeliner application."

OMG, joy of joys!!! (can you tell I have a teeny tiny crush?)

Next year I'll HAVE to indulge in one of her workshops but just speaking with her at her stand was enough to make me fall in love with her all over again.

After 10 years in the beauty industry I'm glad I can say my passion is still as strong as ever.

You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives. 
~Clay P. Bedford

4 comments:

ane pixestos said...

Congratulations on reaffirmation for your work and love-of-work! While it is said that we are not to seek validation because it will invalidate us, I think that's part of why it's just so beautiful and meaningful when people spontaneously voice their approval of what we do. I hope you will remember that in the time to come :)
Also, what a nifty quote at the end of your post, I so agree :)
Wishing you a lovely *much love* week!

Loulou said...

Wow, cool story! So nice that she noticed how nicely you'd done your eyes. I often wonder if anyone ever notices my eye make-up when I'm out and about, but your tale has reminded me that it's important to make the effort. People do notice. Now of course in your case this was a special notice and I'm happy it happened to you!

Loulou

The Waits said...

that is so exciting! I am totally excited for you!!
what a compliment, too!
sorry I have been MIA around here.
i have had a bunch of things go wacko, and i had to solve all of it ( it felt like).
then sunday night, apparently I passed out in our hallway, and i stopped breathing. I hadnt eaten hardly anything in 4 days, and somethings has triggered some depression. Not something i want to post about on my blog.
anyways, thanks for continually checking it. really makes me feel like someone cares!
-m

Sacha♥ said...

thats so exciting for you :D


Check it out if you are interesting. I'm giving a giveaway for a design blog, the talented sisters from Truly Your blog, they will be drawing a blog something you want, with props, a draw picture that look likes you. Interesting? Go on and enter and hope to win...

http://www.sachasaucysnippets.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/first-giveaway_29.html

Good Luck

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...