Monday 30 April 2012

Mice and Men

via
The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
Go oft askew,
An' leave us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy! 

I'm often loathe to speak too soon of upcoming plans for exactly this very reason. Shit happens.
Prospects change and more often than not what can go wrong will.

Right now for example many plans have been in the works.
Research and excitement has been building.
Dates have been made and then changed.
I've set things into sequence only to have them suddenly come to a standstill.

I won't say much more about this except that I will persevere for as long as opportunity allows.

While I might be slightly apprehensive as to whether these plans will eventuate I'm also excited at the possibility of finally being able to share them with you all.
One success at a time.

But oh! I backward cast my eye,
On prospects dreary!
And forward, though I cannot see,
I guess and I fear! 


<Poem excerpts courtesy of
Robert Burns - To A Mouse>

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh I wonder if this is what I think .. fingers crossed for you! xoxo g

Katerina said...

oooh that depends on what you're thinking…
haha I'm so cryptic ;o)

The Waits said...

i cant wait to know what it is!?!?!?!!? you cant tell a girl, "i hsve something to tell you!"...then not tell! haha j/k
can't wait!
-m

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...