Sunday 23 October 2011

High & Dry

In keeping with my current holiday theme, todays tune is one I was reminded of while away.

It happened to come on the radio while cruising along the Captain Cook Highway at sunset and suddenly I was transported to another time along a different highway, under a different sunset but when it also seemed to fit the moment perfectly.
Different time, different place but while going through a similar transitional phase of my life.




I don't think I've heard this played on commercial radio for over 10 years and I'd forgotten how much I used to (and apparently still do) love Radiohead.

Do you ever find yourself thinking about an issue or a certain someone and then suddenly the perfect song just happens to pop up out of nowhere over the radio?

Gotta love serendipity xx

Playing along with Thea over at Do I Really Wanna Blog?  

2 comments:

Thea said...

Very cool...I love it when things like that happen!

georgi said...

maybe it was this, maybe serendipity, but i've been listening to a bit of radiohead recently too - but their recent album. i so know what you mean about music having such strong associations to a moment. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...