Sunday 16 October 2011

I'm Baaaack….

Three tracks off my beachside playlist:

 




Sadly all good things must come to an end and my holiday to Cairns is over just like that. Boo Hoo :(

Let me tell you it was every bit as beautiful as I was expecting and more!
The Queenslanders I met were some of the nicest, down to earth people I've ever had the pleasure of interacting with.
To those of you that live there all year round, I'm even more jealous than ever now :)

The seafood, those beaches, that forest, I could rant on and on and on…. and I will (prepare to see lots of happy snaps in the coming days. I took no less than 400 shots! My oh My!)

We had such a blast that we never wanted to leave and could easily have stayed up there, had the money not run dry… ah well you only live once.

But I'm having major withdraws already so tonight my Sunday Sesh is dedicated to the tropics and all the blissful chilled out vibes that surrounded us.
(I'm even making a spiced rubbed chicken dish with mango relish for dinner. My Melbourne mangos are bit sad looking by comparison, nothing beats QLD mangos fresh from the orchids. Mmmm… take me back!!!)
Well I'm off now to dream a little while more…
Toodle do!

xx
Kat

6 comments:

Tori @ Have Blog Will Ponder said...

I LOVE Bob Marley!

I'm glad you had a great time up here. It surely is a great place to be.

BossyMummy said...

Awesome beach songs. Isn't it great that hearing a few lines of a song can take us back to our favourite holidays. For me, Bob Marley = Troppozone Bali :o)

Beautiful Day said...

Love that Moby song (I'm a sucker for piano!) and Bob Marley is such holiday music! Have you ever heard the version of Could You Be Loved by Shakespear's Sister? I love it!
xx

Unknown said...

Yes, Queensland is a great place. That's why I moved here to live 8 years ago and I can't imagine living anywhere else. Glad you had a great time.

amberlee said...

Welcome back lovely! Looking forward to your photos!!

Thea said...

Perfect holiday songs!
So glad you had such a fabulous time in our beautiful state. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...