Sunday 18 December 2011

Shakin' It Out!

On Sundays I play music on my blog.
Old or new or in between.
Related or not.
But always songs I love!
Here are my picks for this week.
You can play along by linking up with Thea @
Can't wait to hear your picks.

This week Thea chose to relive some of her past.
Past boyfriends in particular… inspired by the ones who got away.

(or missed out depending on how you look at it)

I worked hard to block out a lot of those years.
I managed to have so much boy trouble in such a short space of time yet now can barely remember the old songs I used to pine over.
I'm pretty sure I even made a mix tape which I gave to one old boyfriend during my reluctance to be broken up with.
(the term "bunny boiler" comes to mind when I think of myself during that particular relationship.) 


I've chosen to tie this post to Thea's theme as I was planning on sharing these songs to describe my current desire to move on from the old at this time of year anyway.
I always find as the old year draws to a close it brings with it a sense of reflection on the past and how far I've come. (If anywhere at all).

It could seem to me as though I've made no progress at all really…
The New Year sees us entering our 6th cycle of infertility.
Another Christmas without the fluttering joy at sharing this one with our very own special news.

and at once I knew, I was not magnificent...

While I could easily spend the holidays wallowing in self pity, that would be rather counterproductive.
(and very un-Christmassy for all unfortunate enough to be involved)
Much like dwelling on my silliness during my teenage years, I instead choose to take comfort in knowing I've definitely learnt a thing or two about myself since then.
That through discomfort and disappointment comes immense growth and strength in character.

So in the spirit of moving on and moving up I give you;
Shake It Out


Thankfully I saw my first dawn in the form of hubby's appearance in my life and at the tender age of 17.
While I'm still hoping to see the Sun rise in my life once again,
for that, at least, I consider myself very lucky.
Very lucky indeed.


xox


5 comments:

Tori @ Have Blog Will Ponder said...

I always get a bit melancholic around this time of year.

Nice choice of songs. I hadn't heard either before. I especially liked Shake it Out

Unknown said...

Florence is popping up everywhere I look at the moment. Great song choices.

Shelly - Tropical Mum said...

I've not heard either of these songs before either, but I really enjoyed both. The landscapes in the first video made me just want to jump in, they were so beautiful. Florence and The Machine is really starting to grow on me. I might put more of her music on my iPod. Thanks for sharing these.

Thea said...

I love the wisdom that comes with this week's Sunday Session!
Great songs too. :)

Yvette Bowyer @DTLilSquirts said...

I like your choice! Old boyfriends are often pinned after for a long time until you realise that they weren't the One... :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...