Sunday 19 June 2011

Dry July

I guess if you're reading this it means I'm actually going to do it. (Up till now this post has been sitting in my draft pile deleted only to be re-writen - twice!)

You're totally going to think I'm being a little bitch but after the way I was left feeling all day Saturday after just a few glasses *cough* a bottle *cough* of wine Friday night and waaay too much sausage (of the wrong kind) I'm seriously wondering how much longer I can go on with this lifestyle.
Not that it's unusual for me to drink a whole bottle to myself or sadly what i'd even consider excessive drinking especially on a Friday night but I did have to work the next day and I don't seem to function very well with a hangover these days.
Surely I'm getting old. Not to mention fatter.

Something has to change.

Then last night, while trying to amuse myself with some mindless magazine flicking, I came across an article in July's Cleo entitled: Teetotal Twentysomethings.
insert link here 
(which i will do when the cleo website decides it wants to play)
Rather fitting I'd say.

So for now I'm actually toying with the idea of signing up for Dry July http://www.dryjuly.com/
I stress: Toying with the idea of...
though I think I actually might and now that's it's out there in blog world I think I probably will.

Surely it couldn't be that hard. Famous last words? hehehe

I dont think I drink that much on a regular basis (that could be delusion talking) and the sacrifice would be worth it.
Clear head, clear skin, healthier liver & bank account up to 4kgs weight loss (so the article says) but most importantly it's for a good cause that's close to so many people's hearts.
Too many of us have been affected by the cruel disease that is cancer. How I hate that word and the feelings it conjures up.

Well that settles it - I'm signing up today.
Wish me luck peeps - you know I'll keep you posted xox

p.s. I bit the bullet - God I'm sooo scared... I can't remember going longer than a few days without a drink... this may be harder than I thought - oh dear :/
If you'd like to show your support or donate to the cause please click on my link below:
https://www.dryjuly.com/profiles/katerinaberry
All donations above $2 are tax deductible.

Even your comments of encouragement would be much appreciated 

1 comment:

amberlee said...

What a fantastic idea! Good on you. Wish I had as much will power as you. Maybe I will give it up next month....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...