Friday 29 July 2011

Just a Minute in... July

I first saw this beautiful meme through Daydream Lily and then again with Anna of Much Love a few days later and just had to join in.
So I waited ever so patiently till the end of the month to give you Just a Minute... In July.
I'd love to hear about your minute in July so go ahead and click the link if you'd like to play along :)



Watching... Sons of Anarchy seasons 1-3. My hubby gets in these mini series marathon moods and suddenly I find myself addicted to shows I never thought I'd be remotely interested in.

Listening... to Adele's album 21. Every song on there has me trying to mimic her till I'm hoarse. I'm sure I look like a right ass singing my little heart out alongside traffic but I just can't help myself.

Reading... Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger as well as The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas. While the first is a poignant literary classic that grew on me the further I got into it I still have to say I found the style of writing a little hard to get into. It didn't draw me in but I was determined to finish it and I'm glad that I did. The second has had me on the verge of insomnia since I first picked it up. A much better read. But that's just me.

Making... my nephews happy by spending every spare minute and day off by their sides. I'm completely at their disposal leaving a million tasks undone but I figure they'll be gone in another week and my chores will still be here waiting.

Loving... Spooning with my hubby and cuddles with Oscar. That's one good thing about winter - plenty of excuses to spontaneously snuggle.

Completing... Dry July! Hoooray for me. So proud of myself for going a whole month without giving in to my impulses (besides using my Golden Ticket at the Love is Here launch but even then I think I only had around 4 glasses of wine throughout the whole night including at dinner.)

Planning... to try my hand at making home made soy candles. I hear they're really easy to do at home and thankfully its simple to clean up after. If I make a mega mess (as I always do) they clean off with soap and water. It seems like a fun little project and it'll be a nice distraction once my sister and her beautiful cherubs go back to Penang leaving me with heaps of spare time. Just as soon as I catch up on my backlog of crappy tasks of coarse.

So tell me, what have you all been getting up to this month?
Hope it's been a good one xx

3 comments:

amberlee said...

Enjoy your nephews sweet, i cant wait to see mine tomoz. Oh and i could spoon all day long. So drinks Monday night??? I have Tuesday off hehehehehehehehehehe xx

KH said...

Hello, I just discovered your blog and have decided to play along with this :)

Katerina said...

Woo hoo - You bet ur bottom dollar i'm in Miss Ambs!

@Kathryn - Welcome & thanks for joining in on the fun xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...