Thursday 7 July 2011

Bastards!

Hey YouTube!
WTF?

I can't tell you how annoying it is to try searching a song only to find the best quality and nicest accompanying videos have been disabled.
What the hell?
So this prompts me to start checking some of the links on my blog and lo and behold my So Long Lonesome link has been blocked thanks to EMI.

Well EMI, fuck you too. Fuck you a lot!

Blocked in my country hey?
Why? Have you never heard of a little brown country called Australia?
It's a humble little place with just a little over 22644056 people living in it. Look it up sometime, you may be surprised to find we don't hop around in kangaroo pouches or sip tea with Oliva Newton John. We actually care about music made from instruments other than the didgeridoo.
(Although while on the subject of Miss Newton-John, I did cut her off in a grocery store once in order to complain about my newly bought can opener that wouldn't open my can of beetroot - but that's a whole other story)

Seriously though, I can usually find at least one half decent clip in the long list my search brings up but it seems in this case they're one step ahead of me.
So a final big fat F you to copyright infringement.
Look I get that mostly it serves a good purpose but how are people meant to share the love? Isn't that what gets bands and the like noticed in the first place in this day and age?
I think mostly I'm annoyed that my poor innocent little blog has been inadvertently affected.
Well we'll just see about that!                                
.
.
.

Aaah, well I feel a little better now that I've had my rant.

(But better still that I managed to find a replacement clip for my afflicted post.)
So there!

HA! 
Katsicles :p

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...