Sunday 24 July 2011

Sunday Sessions: Covers

Well this is my second Sunday joining in with the lovely Thea at
Do I Really Wanna Blog?.
The general guidelines for Sunday Sessions are:
You pop your two favourite songs on your blog. An oldie but a goldie. And a newbie, fresh from the charts, or fresh from the past five years. Rules are meant to be broken, so of course I have!
Here are my picks for this week.


(Original by Gnarls Barkley)
Such a beautiful voice from such a beautiful Australian artist.


Didn't think I could love this song anymore than I already do but she's managed to woo me.
(Even more than the gorgeous José González)

The Rolling Stones perform this like no one else but I think this is a rather pretty version too don't you?


I've chosen to combine my oldies with newbies and have added a twist.
When I first fell in love with these songs they were performed by male artists so when I heard the female versions it gave them a whole new lease on life for me.
At least I've stuck to a common theme this week :)
You can play along by linking up with Thea too. 
I often find some great new music this way and would love to hear your picks.


Happy Sunday everybody!

6 comments:

Thea said...

Oh wow, three beautiful songs that I hadn't heard before. Just gorgeous!!

I love Katie Noonan.

G said...

oh wow ellie goulding has such an interesting voice - that is a beautiful cover. i love the original too, although it's such a different vibe. x

LindyLouMac said...

Calling by to visit you as a fellow participant at Sunday Session. Good to meet you, it has been a few weeks since I last joined in. I enjoyed your choices, I think the Ellie Goulding was my favourite.

Unknown said...

My first time too and I loved them all. Thanks

Shelly - Tropical Mum said...

Katie Noonan. Wow! I haven't really listened to her before but I think I will be now.

Thanks for sharing these.

Katerina said...

Thanks guys.
Yea I quite like voices that are a little different from the norm.
If you'd like to look into more of Katie's stuff I'd highly suggest her song Breathe in Now. Lovely stuff.
So glad you all enjoyed.
Oooh, and thanks for following Shelly. Welcome aboard :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...