If you didn't believe me before you will after this Me Project
(be prepared for a very unusual ipod shuffle, coming soon)
A bit like me, my play list has almost no rhyme or reason.
Aah well, let's get on with it anyway shall we?
What I listen to...
When I'm happy:
- Come As You Were by The Bird & The Bee - Such a happy, cheery song. Makes my sunshiny days even happier.
- The Chase by Illy - This has featured on my blog before but it really does inspire happy thoughts and the desire to just get up and get on with it for me.
- Happiness by Alexis Jordan - Dorky teen pop & the hubby hates it with a passion but I can't help having a skip in my step when this comes onto my ipod :)
When I'm sad:
- Breathe Me by Sia - Love, love, love the uber talented Sia. This song is hauntingly sad but oh so earnest.
- Hyperballad by Bjork - I absolutely love this version by the quirky Bjork. There's always a deeper meaning behind her lyrics. Simply beautiful sound and encapsulates some of my hidden, darker moments.
When I'm bored...
The lyrics are perfect poetry describing the
effects of boredom so beautifully.
- I can always count on Florence And The Machine to bring me out of my funk. Everything on her album Lungs is pure gold but check out Cosmic Love, Rabbit Heart and Dog Days are Over if you've never heard of her. I challenge you not to fall in love with her exceptional voice.
When I'm hyped?
I'm taking this as meaning when I'm feeling a bit energetic or getting pumped up for a big night so I'd say I probably would listen to just about anything by Tiesto or basically anything basey or dancy.
- Superstylin' by Groove Armada - Is just a really fun song that I love to pop on during a workout or just for fun
When I'm mad:
Haha I love to belt these two songs out when I'm in the shits at the top of my lungs.
I mean, really, who wouldn't?
- You Outta Know by Alanis Morissette - So great to shout along to. She took the saying "hell hath no fury..." to a whole other level. Mad Props to the woman!
This song speaks for itself.
Well I hope you enjoyed my little mix.
It was a tough one, since I have over 1000 songs and about 24 different genres on my playlist, what I listen to varies a lot depending on my mood and where I'm at in my life at any present time.
If a song "speaks" to me I own it - I like to think it's because I'm multi faceted (and not because I'm fickle when it comes to music at all...)